Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. This was my first Mother's Day with Zachary. Last year we were packing for China, but had not yet met our son. What a blessing God had given us with Zachary. As I sit and think about how blessed I have been by having Zachary in my life, my heart can't help but be a bit sad for Zachary's biological mother. There is a woman across the world who has an empty place in her heart .......she does not know what a great smile Zachary has; she doesn't know what his voice sounds like when he sings; she does not know that he loves Curious George. But one thing I do know is that almost two years ago she made the hardest decision in her life. She choose to place Zachary for adoption, in order to give him the surgeries he needed; surgeries she probably could not afford. She made this decision out of love. And for that I am so grateful. I often look at Zachary and wonder what his biological mother looks like. She must have a beautiful smile and a soft heart; she passed those onto Zachary.

So today and all other Mother's Days in the future, I will always think of her and say a prayer of thanksgiving for the great love for her biological son. Because of her, I got to be Zachary's momma.

No comments: