Thursday, March 5, 2009

Zachary He Pin Kragel

I was just looking back at our first post on this blog and it doesn't seem possible that this day is here. It started on November 11, 2006 when we mailed our application to our agency. We were expecting to receive a referral at the end of '08 or beginning of '09 but--oh wait, that's what happened! There have been a few twists and turns along the way, but that's for another time.

Without further ado, we would like to introduce you to Zachary He Pin Kragel.

Zachary is in an orphanage in Datong City in Shanxi province in China. It's about three hours from Bejing.

He is just over 2.5' tall and weighs 24 lbs. Zach has a cleft lip and palate, so we will be doing a little surgery when we get back to the states.

Our agency is estimating that we will be traveling to get him in May. His birthday is Aug 3, 2007, so we'll get to celebrate his second birthday with him.

Zachary is a Hebrew name. It means "God has remembered." We couldn't think of a more appropriate name. His middle name, "He Pin" is his Chinese name. It's pronounced something like Hwuh' Peen. It means "peaceful quality."

Our agency received a letter of acceptance from the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) today and informed up this afternoon. So we have been calling family all night.

I'm sure we'll think of more to post, but those are the basics.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers the past 2+ years.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news! Congratulations!
I have not looked in on this blog for weeks, and for some reason I looked at it tonight. I'm filled with joy for you both and for Zachary also.
Lana Ringgenberg

Kristi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of you and Zachary together!

Ed and Kristi

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom ALL BLESSINGS AND ZACHARY flow. I am sooo happy for you three. Zachary is going to know/feel/experience the greatest love of all. I can't wait to meet Zachary!! Don't forget.. I LOVE to babysit. Love you.
Joy

aasage said...

I can't see through my tears to type! We have been praying that the Kragel family would grow for so long! Praise God! I cannot wait to meet him! We love you!

Amanda and Andy

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for all three of you. What a joy you all will bring to each others lives. I can hardly wait to meet him!!!

You are all in my prayers!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow, your journey is finally beginning! PRAISE GOD! I can hardly believe it! You guys are going to be awesome parents - Zachary is a very lucky boy. Can't wait to see Zachary grow with you through the years.

Adam, Denise & Max Obrecht

Freeman Family said...

We are SOOOOOOO happy for you! What an awesome surprise you gave us at work today! God is so great! Keep us updated on your journey to get him and please post more pics when you get them!

Anonymous said...

This is Fantastic news Nancy!! I am so happy for you and Lonnie!! This is just incredible! Your strength and courage and patience is finally being rewarded. God is good! I can't wait hear that is he finally in your home! Love you guys!!
TJ Douglas

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lonny and Nancy. All good things come to those who wait! What a lucky little boy Zachary is to have you as his parents! And how lucky am I to share the same birthday. Have a safe trip to China and look forward to meeting your new son.

Gene and Brenda Greazel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lonny and Nancy. All good things come to those who wait! What a lucky little boy Zachary is to have you as his parents! And how lucky am I to share the same birthday. Have a safe trip to China and look forward to meeting your new son.

Gene and Brenda Greazel

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet Zachary....you two will be perfect parents, Zachary is so lucky. You know I'm hear for you to help you with advice or "SHOPPING" can't wait to meet him in person! Mike, Stephanie, Peyton, Parker and Preston Penaluna

Anonymous said...

I hadn't checked my e-mail recently, and just saw your wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS! We are so very excited for you! You are going to enjoy being parents; it is the most amazing gift God can give! I know we thank God every day for our Gavin! It will be so much fun raising our boys together! What JOYOUS NEWS! YEAH! Love, Matt, Lisa and Gavin Wolf

Anonymous said...

u dont know me i am EMILY HANSEN'S little brother and i just wanted to say congradulations that is so wonderful (monty bagley)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you both, and know that you will bring much joy to Zachary as he will bring much joy to you both! Blessings,

Susan Guy

debrohweder said...

I can't wait to give him a big hug and kiss and welcome him to the United States! I am so excited when I think about the wonderful life he will have here with you and what an awesome two way street you will be riding on...